There is no requirement by Engineering Council for the JBM institutions to accredit HNC/D and Foundation Degree programmes in engineering, construction or the built environment. They are acceptable to ECUK as the educational base for EngTech registration and require Further Learning up to the standard of an accredited Bachelors degree to meet the educational base for IEng registration.
Please see the Downloads section for more information on completing Further Learning to IEng or CEng level from an HNC/HND/Foundation Degree base.
The following qualifications will also satisfy the educational base requirements for EngTech:
Full List of Approved Higher National and Technician Schemes in the UK
- A National Certificate (NC) or National Diploma (ND) in engineering, construction and the built environment.
- An approved qualification in engineering or construction at level 6 in the Scottish Qualifications and Credit Framework.
- A technical certificate as part of an approved Advanced Modern Apprenticeship Programme.
- An approved level 3 National Vocational Qualification (NVQ) or Scottish Vocational Qualification (SVQ).
- A work based learning route approved by a licensed professional engineering institution.
- Qualifications in similar areas providing they are assessed as equivalent by a licensed professional engineering institution.